SPECIAL LENTEN SERVICES
STATIONS OF THE CROSS- Every Friday 7:00-8:00 p.m.
PARISH LENTEN PENANCE SERVICE, Tue, March 16th 7:00-8:00/8:30 p.m. No general talk, but priests from local parishes will be joining our parish priests to hear confessions.
Upcoming Second Collection Funds:
For the weekends of
Feb 28– no 2nd collection ~~ Mar 7 - Capital Replacement ~~ Mar 14- St. Vincent de Paul/STMDY ~~ Mar 21- Catholic Relief Services ~~ Mar 28 - Holy Land
Our new Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer, O.F.M. Conv., has indicated that the dispensation of required attendance at Sunday Mass is extended "until further notice." Please revisit this website periodically to see if this has changed.
* All persons wishing to attend any Mass should, for their safety and the safety of others:
> not have a temperature of 99.6 or above, have current coughing/sneezing episodes, or do not feel well
> Must wear a protective face mask in church; it can be removed immediately after receiving Holy Communion to consume the Sacred Host.
> practice social distancing of 6′ separation from other households, including no physical contact during the sign of peace, or before or after Mass.
> Refrain from singing out loud (only the Music Minister and a select few choir members will sing)
PLEASE SEE the Note from the Pastor column on p. 2 of the MAY 24, 2020 Bulletin for Fr. Tomy’s describing all of our resumed public Masses and more!
All non-liturgical Parish activities and gatherings are cancelled/suspended until further notice, including: Religious Education, RCIA, Choir Practice, and Ministry Meetings.
We discourage you from having gatherings at our parish at this time. Please stay safe.
- Click here for the direct link for the Livestream page for the Installation Mass for our New Archbishop-elect, The Most Reverend Gregory Hartmayer. Wednesday, May 6, at 12:30 pm
- Click here for the COVID-19 Responses and Actions taken by the Archdiocese.
“Five Reasons to Hope” Video
- Click here for an article on the new Archbishop’s discussion on challenges of faith and hope during coronavirus pandemic.
- Click here for an article from the GA Bulletin regarding the extended suspension and school closure.
- List of Broadcasted or Livestream Mass
- We pray for your continuous support of our Parish! (Click here)
- Please download “My Parish” App to keep up with current church information,and especially for a reliable source of the church bulletins.
- Please call the Parish Office to make an appointment during the normal office hours.
- Please, we ask, Confession and Anointing of the Sick should be done only in genuine emergencies. Note that in circumstances where access to Confession is limited or unavailable, the Church does offer the provision of an Act of Perfect Contrition:
“Where the individual faithful find themselves in the painful impossibility of receiving sacramental absolution, it should be remembered that perfect contrition, coming from the love of God, beloved above all things, expressed by a sincere request for forgiveness (that which the penitent is at present able to express) and accompanied by votum confessionis, that is, by the firm resolution to have recourse, as soon as possible, to sacramental confession, obtains forgiveness of sins, even mortal ones (cf. CCC, no. 1452).” –Apostolic Penitentiary
Perfect contrition requires:
1. The love of God
2. The sincere desire for forgiveness
3. The ardent commitment to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation as soon as possible, when available
- Archbishop Hartmayer’s Installation Mass was held May 6, 2020; the Mass was recorded and is available foor viewing: click here.
- Tomy’s Personal Reflection Blog: Honeycomb Today
- Do you want to obtain holiness and happiness in your life? Join our Pastor as he reflects on important topics in life that pertain to our Catholic religion.
- Click here for the blog.
- Click here for the Facebook Group.
- Mass Intentions for deceased loved ones, the Souls in Purgatory, as well as Special Intentions, including birthdays and anniversaries, are taken by calling the parish office at (770) 381-7337. Schedule yours today via phone or email to the Secretary.
- Please contact the Parish Office if you would like a copy of a priests’ homily for a certain Sunday.
- Download MyParish App to stay updated with the current bulletin and announcements!
- CLICK HERE to support St. Vincent de Paul’s Mission during these times of COVID-19.
Thank you for your generosity.
SVdP Georgia is committed to continuing to serve Georgians in need who are facing homelessness, hunger and other challenges as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Every dollar raised from the COVID-19 response fund will be used to support neighbors in need across Georgia’s communities. You can help make sure we can be there for our neighbors in need during this time of uncertainty.