WELCOME TO OUR PARISH
Living, Loving ,Vibrant & Eucharistic Community
St. Marguerite d’ Youville Parish community is located in a very quiet and scenic area of the Northern side of Lawrenceville, Georgia. The parishioners affectionately call it their “Second Home”. We are a parish that is welcoming, friendly, sociable and have dedicated members. The parish has over 600 registered households. The main sanctuary can seat over 550 people. We have 3 priests and 2 deacons to serve our community. We are a 25 years old parish. The pastoral care of this parish is provided by the Fransalian Fathers (Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales-MSFS) of the USA Vice Province.
Anyone who drives around the St. Marguerite Church area will certainly experience an atmosphere of peace and silence within. Our church is an apt and appropriate place for prayer, meditation, reflection, contemplation and solitude. The parish has a chapel for perpetual adoration where the faithful can come and adore day and night. A beautiful Marian Garden for outside reflection; an altar for outdoor Mass with Marian Grotto for praying rosary, rosary walks, and outdoor Stations of the Cross in St. Edward Garden between the church and the rectory. The parish has a large social hall where wedding receptions and other social activities can be held. Our parish has over 50 active ministries with a vibrant youth ministry. It is a home for the Polish Community around this area.
Fr. Tomy Joseph Puliyanampattayil, MSFS
On behalf of the faithful, the clergy and the administrative staff, I would like to extend a hearty welcome to our parish. May the Lord continue to bless you and your loved ones through the intercession of St. Marguerite d’Youville, the Mother of Universal Charity and St. Francis de Sales, the Gentleman Saint.
NEWS & ANNOUCEMENTS
For the weekends of
May 24th – Catholic Communication Campaign
May 31st & June 7th – No second collections
On May 18th, our new Archbishop Gregory Hartmayer, O.F.M. Conv., sent a wonderful email indicating that, although the dispensation of required attendance at Sunday Mass is extended through June 28, 2020, we can and will be resuming daily and Sunday public Masses in the church, with the following guidelines:
- All persons wishing to attend any Mass should, for their safety and the safety of others:
- not have a temperature of 99.6 or above, have current coughing/sneezing episodes, or do not feel well
- Are recommended to wear a protective face mask in church
- practice social distancing of 6′ separation from other households, including no physical contact during the sign of peace, or before or after Mass
- Refrain from singing out loud (only the Music Minister and a select few choir members will sing)
PLEASE SEE the Note from the Pastor column on p. 2 of the MAY 24, 2020 Bulletin for Fr. Tomy’s describing of all of our resumed public Masses and more!
All non-liturgical Parish activities and gatherings are cancelled/suspended until further notice, including: Religious Education, RCIA, Choir Practice, and Ministry Meetings.
We discourage you from having gatherings at our parish at this time. Please stay safe.
Click here for the direct link for the Livestream page for the Installation Mass for our New Archbishop-elect, The Most Reverend Gregory Hartmayer.
— Wednesday, May 6, at 12:30 pm
Click here for the COVID-19 Responses and Actions taken by the Archdiocese.
Click here for an article on the new Archbishop’s discussion on challenges of faith and hope during coronavirus pandemic.
Click here for an article from the GA Bulletin regarding the extended suspension and school closure.
Please download “My Parish” App to keep up with current church information,
and especially for a reliable source of the church bulletins.
Please call the Parish Office to make an appointment during the normal office hours.
Please, we ask, Confession and Anointing of the Sick should be done only in genuine emergencies.
Perfect contrition requires:
1. The love of God
2. The sincere desire for forgiveness
3. The ardent commitment to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation as soon as possible, when available
- Archbishop Hartmayer’s Installation Mass was held May 6, 2020; the Mass was recorded and is available foor viewing: click here.
- Fr. Tomy’s Personal Reflection Blog: Honeycomb Today
- Do you want to obtain holiness and happiness in your life? Join our Pastor as he reflects on important topics in life that pertain to our Catholic religion.
Click here for the blog.
Click here for the Facebook Group.
- Mass Intentions for deceased loved ones, the Souls in Purgatory, as well as Special Intentions, including birthdays and anniversaries, are taken by calling the parish office at (770) 381-7337. Schedule yours today via phone or email to the Secretary.
- Please contact the Parish Office if you would like a copy of a priests’ homily for a certain Sunday.
- Download MyParish App to stay updated with the current bulletin and announcements!
CLICK HERE to support St. Vincent de Paul’s Mission during these times of COVID-19.
Thank you for your generosity.
- SVdP Georgia is committed to continuing to serve Georgians in need who are facing homelessness, hunger and other challenges as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Every dollar raised from the COVID-19 response fund will be used to support neighbors in need across Georgia’s communities. You can help make sure we can be there for our neighbors in need during this time of uncertainty.